Emirates airline has increased its mobile presence with the launch of the Emirates App for iPad on the global App Store.
Travel aficionados and those curious about the world, can now explore over 130 Emirates destinations on six continents, and learn more about Emirates’ world-class services at a tap of a finger. Customers can directly download the App or visit the App Store and search for ‘Emirates’.
The Emirates App for iPad also makes it even easier for Emirates customers to manage every aspect of their booking, whether on the road, in the air or in the comfort of their homes. They can book flights, select seats and meals, manage their Emirates Skywards frequent flyer accounts, check in online, and download their boarding pass directly from the app, amongst other features.
Personal flight details, product and service information are stored in the app, so users can view it offline too.
“The Emirates App was designed for today’s new tribe of global travellers – what we term “globalistas” – who are curious about the world, are mobile and digitally connected, and expect simplicity at their fingertips,” said Patrick Brannelly, Emirates’ Vice President, Corporate Communications, Marketing and Brand, Product, Publishing, Digital and Events.
“In some markets, we already see about 20 per cent of visitors to emirates.com using iPads, and our customers are increasingly using their iPads and mobile devices to book and manage their travel. The Emirates App has been designed to make this process even easier, faster and significantly more convenient, and many more enhancements are already in development. We first launched The Emirates App in the UAE Apple store, our home market, a couple of weeks ago and the response has been tremendously positive. We are now working to make the App available on the iPhone and Android, and will be introducing many new features in the coming months.”
With The Emirates App, users can:
· Book flights and view their personal travel itinerary on the go.
· Manage every aspect of their booking, from seat selection to dietary requirements. This feature is particularly useful for our frequent flyers who can see all of their future trips in one place – and for personal assistants who plan their manager’s travel.
· Download their boarding pass directly to their iPad ready to print, send it to their phone via SMS or email to use it as a digital boarding pass.
· Have fun viewing the exact position of Emirates flights on an interactive ‘Live Flights’ map and set alerts to track a flight’s status.
· Explore the Emirates experience – from the award-winning ice inflight entertainment and fine dining, to the signature A380 Onboard Lounge and Shower Spa.
· Book complimentary Chauffeur-drive service for First Class and Business Class travellers and find out more about Emirates’ exclusive lounges around the world.
· Explore over 130 destinations with quick and handy guides.
· Register for Emirates Skywards membership through the app. Start collecting Skywards Miles as they fly, view their balance and history and use their Miles to pay for flights and upgrades.
Emirates operates daily scheduled flights from Malta to Dubai using a Boeing 777 aircraft. On Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays Emirates flies via Larnaka, Cyprus, while on Sundays, Tuesdays, and Fridays, the airline operates direct flights from Dubai to Malta and return flights fly via Tripoli. From 1st August, Emirates will be operating twice daily flights between Dubai and Malta.