The Malta Developers Association welcomes the 2018 Budget that confirms that Government’s policies are aimed at sustainable economic and fiscal continuity.
The Budget measures announced will continue to incentivise investment in the property market and make it affordable in areas where regeneration and rehabilitation are sorely needed.
MDA is both satisfied and proud that the Government has accepted several of its proposals including:
- The extension of the scheme for first time buyers
- New incentives for second time buyers who have arrived at a point in life when they need to enlarge or reduce the size of their residence
- The grant of a maximum of €25,000 to owners of dilapidated property to enable them to restore the property and rent it to the Housing Authority
- The extension of the reduction in stamp duty for the purchase of property in Gozo
- Incentives for the regeneration of property in Urban Conservation Areas.
MDA is of the opinion that the Budget is aimed at helping the ever-increasing middle class while incentivising those who are industrious and enterprising. These are aims that MDA supports wholeheartedly.